The LoRaWAN/WiFi IoT control and monitoring Zhaga/SR module for LED luminaires
The gridDOT Zhaga/SR module is a control and monitoring module t🎶hat fits all modern LED lights with a Zhaga//SR connector.
Being designed to control streetlight from the control cabinet it is the ideal cost-effective module for basic control. The module uses LoRaWAN or Wifi as a main communication carrier. It is designed for GridLight™ to provide the necessary functionality for optimal and safe streetlight control. The module consumes very low power making this a very feasible solution. The module is very generic and may be utilized for other control purposes.
The module can be utilized by using either LoRaWAN or WiFi to communicate with the central GridLight™ server. The module also includes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for configuration through a smartphone.
The software can be updated from a smartphone. Configurations and light programs are updated remotely from the server and stored on the gridDOT module. Enabling it to autonomously execute tasks like on/off schedules from a selection of predefined programs. It also includes a crystal-based high precision clock with a battery backup. Ensure precise streetlight control even if there is no communication or if the central server is unavailable.
The gridDOT module supports LoRaWAN Multicast to make sure all lights are turned on,off or dimmed simultaneous. The light level signal can be distributed to other modules through the GridLight™ server.
- LoRaWAN failures
- gridDOT supports both LoRaWAN with multicast and WiFi. It adds an extra layer of security to the system using Amplex Secure Keys. The gridDOT communicates through DALI to the lamp using the Zhaga/SR connector. The gridDOT module also supports Zhaga based activity sensors for activity based lamp control.
- The gridDOT module has a build-in calendar and a real-time clock with battery backup, with an absolute maximum deviation of ± 7 seconds per 24 hours in the full temperature range. This is without synchronization with external units. Under normal conditions, clock deviation is automatically adjusted according to the LoRaWAN Server which gives a maximum deviation of ± 1 second. The LoRaWAN Server timing is based on NTP.
- Fully compatible with GridLight™ Advanced Programming Schedules:
* Twilight calculation from longitude/latitude – with offset
* Multiple on/off/dimming fixed schedules for events like earth hour or Christmas
* Two levels of dimming – dimming % fully configurable
* Central light sensor activation through LoRaWAN multicast or WiFi
* Automatic on after power outage
- Internal backup battery for clock.
- For use with Multicast compatible LoRaWAN cloud solutions, including Amplex LoRaWAN gateway cloud, The Things Network, Loriot and Actility.
- IEEE802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Bluetooth Low Energy – BLE
- 24V from Zhaga/SR connector
- Utilize the Zhaga/SR DALI/DALI2 connetor for on/off/dimming
- LoRaWAN failures