The LoRaWAN/WiFi IoT switching module for rough environments
The gridCPU module is a control module with three built-in relays and analogue input for a light sensor. Being designed to control streetlight from the control cabinet it is the ideal cost-effective module for basic control. The module uses LoRaWAN or Wifi as a main communication carrier. It is designed for GridLight™ to provide the necessary functionality for optimal and safe streetlight control. The module consumes very low power making this a very feasible solution. The module is very generic and may be utilized for other control purposes.
The module can be utilized by using either LoRaWAN or WiFi to communicate with the central GridLight™ server. The module also includes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) for configuration through a smartphone.
The gridCPU module is the fifth generation module for streetlight management and control but can also be utilised for many other control applications.
The software can be updated from a smartphone. Configurations are updated remotely from the server and stored on the gridCPU module. Enabling it to autonomously execute tasks like on/off schedules from a selection of predefined programs. It also includes a crystal-based high precision clock with a battery backup. Ensure precise streetlight control even if there is no communication or if the central server is unavailable.
The gridCPU module supports LoRaWAN Multicast to make sure all lights are turned on and off simultaneous. The module has an analogue input designed for a light sensor. This light level signal can be distributed to other modules through the GridLight™ server. The module has an OXI (Open eXpansion Interface) slot for future add-on functionality.
- LoRaWAN failures
Photocell for streetlight control
- gridCPU supports both LoRaWAN with multicast and WiFi. It adds an extra layer of security to the system using Amplex Secure Keys. The relay switching schedules used for streetlight group control are accessible through the AGP Light Schedule API.
- The gridCPU module has a calendar and a real-time clock with battery backup, with an absolute maximum deviation of ± 7 seconds per 24 hours in the full temperature range. This is without synchronization with external units. Under normal conditions, clock deviation is automatically adjusted according to the LoRaWAN Server which gives a maximum deviation of ± 1 second. The LoRaWAN Server timing is based on NTP.
- Fully compatible with GridLight™ Advanced Programming Schedules:
* Twilight calculation from longitude/latitude – with offset
* Multiple on/off fixed schedules for events like earth hour or Christmas
* Central light sensor activation through LoRaWAN multicast
* Automatic on after power outage
- Internal backup battery for clock.
- For use with Multicast compatible LoRaWAN cloud solutions, including Amplex LoRaWAN gateway cloud, The Things Network, Loriot and Actility.
- IEEE802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Bluetooth Low Energy – BLE
- Universal input 110 – 230 Vac. Absolute max 95 – 300 Vac. 47-63 Hz.
- Analog input 0-10V, 4-20 mA (0-20mA) Input impedance = 510 Ohms (DC) Accuracy = ± 2% FSD
- Three relays that are used for switching minor loads on and off directly and three-phase or larger loads via an intermediate breaker. One of the three relays provide both NO and NC functionality.
Max switching voltage: 250 V AC/30 V DC (resistive). Max switching load: 3A.
- 3 OXI connectors for Expansion slot module. Connectivity specifications depends on installed OXI module.
- LoRaWAN failures