Dual relays for precise control
The AmsSwitch module is a client interface module in the Amplex Module System. It consists of two individually controllable relays. These relays are galvanically isolated and are used for switching minor loads on and off directly and three-phase or larger loads via an intermediate breaker. One of the two relays provides both NO and NC functionality.
The AmsSwitch module can be used for a wide range of purposes that require stable and reliable control.
All modules in the Amplex Module System incorporate an A-Bus interface which is based on the industrially proven RS-485 technology. The A-Bus interface is used for power supply and for direct communication between the modules.
- A-Bus two-way communication with A-Bus masters, e.g. AmsCPU, AmsCPU-IO
- The module is automatically discovered by the AmsCPU module. In case
a module is disconnected from the AmsCPU module, this is reported to the server application and the module is listed as missing. If the module is reconnected to the AmsCPU module or another AmsCPU module, it will be rediscovered by the system.
- The real-time clock is automatically synchronized with the AmsCPU module which in turn is synchronized with the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- AMS Status LED (green): indicates whether the A-Bus is up and running.
- The software on the AmsSwitch module can be updated remotely from the central server.
- New software is transferred without interrupting the normal functionality of the AmsSwitch module. When the software has been transferred, the integrity of the software is checked and the software is installed.
- A built-in self-test (BIST) is performed after power-up.
- Watchdog and brown-out reset ensure that the system is up and running at all times.
- A-Bus client module
- 250 V AC/30 V DC (resistive)
- 3 A (resistive)