Leakage and Segment Current Monitoring
The AmsCurrent module is a client interface module in the Amplex Module System. It is a highly reliable monitoring device designed for detecting asymmetrical earth leakage in electrical systems and for monitoring current changes in each phase of two three-phase circuits. For this purpose, one leakage transformer and two 3-phase current transformers are connected to the module. Leakage and current threshold values can easily be configured to fit specific needs in StartGrid™, GridLight™ and AmpLight™ – all web applications that run on a central server.
The AmsCurrent module can be used for a wide range of monitoring purposes, e.g. for detecting power failures, cable breakages, leakages, blown fuses, electricity theft etc.
All modules in the Amplex Module System incorporate an A-Bus interface which is based on the industrially proven RS-485 technology. The A-Bus interface is used for power supply and for direct communication between the modules.
- A-Bus two-way communication with A-Bus masters, e.g. AmsCPU, AmsCPU-IO
- The module is automatically discovered by the AmsCPU module. In case a module is disconnected from the AmsCPU module, this is reported to the server application and the module is listed as missing. If the module is reconnected to the AmsCPU module or another AmsCPU module, it will be rediscovered by the system.
- The real-time clock is automatically synchronized with the AmsCPU module which in turn is synchronized with the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- AMS Status LED (green): indicates whether the A-Bus is up and running.
- The software on the AmsCurrent module can be updated remotely from the central server.
- New software is transferred without interrupting the normal functionality of the AmsCurrent module. When the software has been transferred, the integrity of the software is checked and the software is installed.
- A built-in self-test (BIST) is performed after power-up.
- Watchdog and brown-out reset ensure that the system is up and running at all times.
- A-Bus client module
- Input range: 1 – 15 mA, rel. accuracy: ± 0.3% FSD, abs. accuracy ± 5% FSD
Detection range: 170 -1000 mA (Specified for Amplex leakage current transformer)
Please find the datasheet for the leakage current transformer under the Documentation tab.
- Input range: 1 – 100 mA, rel. accuracy: ± 0.3% FSD, abs. accuracy ± 5% FSD
Detection range: 5 – 65 A (Specified for 65 A Amplex three-phase current transformer)
Please find the datasheet for the three-phase current transformer under the Documentation tab.
- RMS, mean, peak
- 40 Hz – 60 Hz
Sample schematics – downloads from the Danish Road Authorities website
Type 1 cabinet – Danish Road Authorities (downloads as a file)
Type 2 cabinet – Danish Road Authorities (downloads as a file)
Type 3 cabinet – Danish Road Authorities (downloads as a file)
Type 4 cabinet – Danish Road Authorities (downloads as a file)