Rechargeable battery for outage alarms
The AmsBattery module is a client module in the Amplex Module System. It is a backup/UPS module which is used for supplying other modules with emergency power in the event of power failure.
All modules in the Amplex Module System incorporate an A-Bus interface which is based on the industrially proven RS-485 technology. The A-Bus interface is used for power supply and for direct communication between the modules.
If the AmsBattery module is installed together with, e.g. an AmsCPU or AmsCPU-IO module, it will be re-charged with power as long as the battery is supplied with 12 V from the A-Bus interface. If the main power fails, AmsBattery will instantaneously take over the power supply of the A-Bus. This enables the AmsCPU/AmsCPU-IO module to store data and send a main power failure alarm to the central server via GPRS/SMS before it shuts down safely.
- A-Bus two-way communication with A-Bus masters, e.g. AmsCPU, AmsCPU-IO
- Battery charging is performed from 22 p.m. to 6 a.m (UTC), if required. The temperature in this time period must be between 0°C to + 40°C.
- The module is automatically discovered by the AmsCPU module. In case a module is disconnected from the AmsCPU module, this is reported to the server application and the module is listed as missing. If the module is reconnected to the AmsCPU module or another AmsCPU module, it will be rediscovered by the system.
- The real-time clock is automatically synchronized with the AmsCPU module which in turn is synchronized with the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- AMS Status LED (green): indicates whether the A-Bus is up and running. Battery LED (red): indicates whether the AmsBattery module is charging or supplying the AmsCPU with backup power in the event of power failure.
- The software on the AmsBattery module can be updated remotely from the central server.
- New software is transferred without interrupting the normal functionality of the AmsBattery module. When the software has been transferred, the integrity of the software is checked and the software is installed.
- A built-in self-test (BIST) is performed after power-up.
- Watchdog and brown-out reset ensure that the system is up and running at all times.
- A-Bus client module
- Initial capacity of 900 mAh (7.4 V). Li-Polymer rechargeable, incl. safety