Control and Management for all of Abu Dhabi
A centralized AmpLight™ solution perfectly combines electricity savings and decreased CO₂ emissions with improved quality and safety.
The purpose of installing AmpLight™ was for ADWEA to achieve a state-of-the-art streetlight solution with full detection, monitoring and control functionalities. With a centralized solution, savings are achieved through optimizing burn hours, reducing maintenance and improving bulb-life.
ADWEA requested a turn-key solution where Amplex supplied everything from hardware to field staff. An initial field survey was carried out to establish the scope and the state of the control cabinets. The solution included:
- AMS (Amplex Module System) installed in control cabinets
- Power meters, installed in control cabinets
- Deployment tool (PDA)
- Data centre platform and server equipment
- Control room, designed and built
- Integration to relevant GIS and SCADA systems
- Training and ongoing support
The firmware modules (AMS) are designed and built to endure the extreme environmental conditions of the GCC area, withstanding wide temperature ranges and resistance towards desert environment conditions.
The web-based user interface provides easy access to reports, settings, user permissions, etc. via a highly secure connection. Communications are based mainly on GPRS. The open architecture (OpenCity™) allows for easy integration to other solutions.
With power meters in the control cabinets, the solution enables power quality monitoring and immediate reports on power failures to the central server and via email or SMS to the supervisor.
AmpLight™ is fully scalable and prepared for future extensions. The solution is easily extended to include other cities or new developments.
The installation in Abu Dhabi is prepared for dimming at a later stage for further savings and CO₂ reductions.
Key benefits of ADWEA’s AmpLight™ solution include:
- Fast reaction to fault conditions
- Easy and inexpensive installation
- Proactive maintenance
- Advanced wireless communications
- Highly reliable and very little maintenance
- Field tool for workforce management