Surge Protection for your Amplex Modules
The module has a built-in thermal protection that protects the internal circuits from over-heating due to severe conditions.
- ± 6 kV according to EN61000-4-5
- ± 3 kV according to EN61000-4-4
- The module is protected against internal faults by thermal fuses that disconnect input from output permanently. Subsequent module
replacement is required.
- The CPU-Guard is placed close to the AmsCPU that is to be protected. The AmsCPU is powered by one, two or three phases + neutral through the CPU-Guard.
Nominal voltage: 230 V AC
Nominal frequency: 50/60 Hz
Pin 4 (230 V AC analog input) is an extra phase which the AmsCPU uses for, e.g. cabinet door monitoring.
- Connect the CPU-Guard outputs to the equivalent AmsCPU main power connection inputs. See the AmsCPU data sheet.