Extended Interface Module for Smart Meters, I/O and PT100 sensors
The AmsSense module is a client interface module in the Amplex Module System. The module offers a number of different interface options especially for substation equipment like temperature sensors, relays and meters.
Two PT100 3-wire temperature sensors can be directly connected to the module and the module features two digital inputs and two analog inputs for monitoring purposes. The two digital inputs can also be configured as open-collector outputs for control of external equipment, e.g. relays.
AmsSense can also be used for establishing two-way communication with RS485 compatible utility meters like DLMS meters or industrial monitoring devices running for example Modbus. The AmsSense module can easily be connected with up to ten child devices.
The AmsSense module collects data from the connected devices and subsequently transfers these data to an AmsCPU/AmsCPU-IO module that acts as a data concentrator and WAN module. The AmsCPU module delivers the data to the central server when required. Direct communication and power supply between the AmsSense module and the AmsCPU module are handled by an incorporated A-Bus interface, which is based on the industrially proven RS-485 technology.
- A-Bus two-way communication with A-Bus masters, e.g. AmsCPU, AmsCPU-IO
- According to ANSI TIA/EIA-485-A, half duplex.
The module supports the following protocols: General purpose serial communication, DLMS mode C, DLMS/COSEM (HDLC), Modbus
- The module is automatically discovered by the AmsCPU module. In case a module is disconnected from the AmsCPU module, this is reported to the server application and the module is listed as missing. If the module is reconnected to the AmsCPU module or another AmsCPU module, it will be rediscovered by the system.
- The real-time clock is automatically synchronized with the AmsCPU module which in turn is synchronized with the Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- AMS Status LED (orange): indicates whether the A-Bus is up and running. RS485 Data LED (orange): indicates data traffic on RS485.
- The software on the AmsSense module can be updated remotely from the central server.
- New software is transferred without interrupting the normal functionality of the AmsSense module. When the software has been transferred, the integrity of the software is checked and the software is installed.
- A built-in self-test (BIST) is performed after power-up.
- Watchdog and brown-out reset ensure that the system is up and running at all times.
- A-Bus client module
- For use with Amplex service tools.
- RS485 A and RS485 B connect to one meter or a collection of meters.
A = inverting pin and B = non-inverting pin.
The AmsSense module can be connected to a maximum of 10 meters.
The AmsSense module has an internal termination resistor (120 Ohm)
between RS485 A and RS485 B.
- Two inputs for industrial standard PT100 temperature sensors that support
2-wire or 3-wire compensation.
Temperature range = -40°C to +150°C
Accuracy = ± 1°C
- Two digital active-high inputs: Input/Output 1 and 2.
Input impedance = 510 Ohm (DC)
Input voltage low = 0-1 V
Input voltage high = 3-24 V
AmsSense reads 0-1 V as logic 0/off and anything above 3 V as logic 1/on. The inputs are functional up to an input voltage of absolute max 30 V
- Two open-collector outputs for driving, e.g. relays, optocouplers, etc.: Input/Output 1 and 2.
Max current sink = 70 mA
Max voltage = 30 V
When Input/Output 1 and 2 are used as digital outputs, e.g. to drive external relays: See datasheet for examples. Reverse diodes are internally mounted.
- Two analog inputs: Input 3 and 4, see datasheet.
Analog input 0-10 V, 4-20 mA (0-20 mA)
Impedance = 510 Ohm (DC)
Accuracy = ± 2% FSD
Can also be used as digital input:
Threshold of approximately 1 V
Max input voltage = 12 V (12 VDC out on pin 1)
|Larsen & Toubro||ER300P||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|Larsen & Toubro||Nova||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|Larsen & Toubro||Quasar||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|Carlo Gavazzi||EM24DIN||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS Sense, AMS wMBus, AMS CPU-IO|
|Carlo Gavazzi||EM21||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS Sense, AMS wMBus, AMS CPU-IO|
|Carlo Gavazzi||EM21-72R||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS Sense, AMS wMBus, AMS CPU-IO|
|Carlo Gavazzi||EM21-72D||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS Sense, AMS wMBus, AMS CPU-IO|
|Circutor||CVM-NET||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|DEIF||AGC3||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|DEIF||MIB7000||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|DEIF||MIC2||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|DEIF||AMP380||Modbus (via ext interface)||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|ZheLiang Yongtailong Electric||DDS-1Y||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|Various manufacturers||Pulse-generating meters||S0 pulse||AMS CPU-IO, AMS Sense, AMS wMBus|
|*||*||PT100||AMS Sense, AMS wMBus|
|Danfoss||ECL 210/310||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
|Grundfos||Magna 3||Modbus||AMS RS485, AMS CPU-IO|
More meters can be supported using add-on AMS modules – see full list of supported meters, interfaces and protocols here.